Monday 18 April 2016

Monday Moanings - April 18, 2016

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

On a morning such as this, when the world news is filled with stories and pictures of the terror of earthquakes - loss and fear carved deeply into hearts and faces, and heard in cries of anguish - on a morning such as this when I arise to sunshine, safety and love following a weekend resplendent in Spring's best attributes, any lament I may have, any complaint, affliction or gripe, seems utterly unworthy of words.


Amidst my embarrassment of riches this day, I celebrate a new day, a new week in humble gratitude. I am so very lucky and privileged to be able to sing with joy, Oh what a beautiful morning!


Just look at all those buds...



And the rhubarb? Well it has doubled in height since Thursday!


I would be seriously remiss if I did not acknowledge Spring's whole-hearted response to my letter. Thank you dear Lady of Radiant Joy. It matters not how you got your act in gear, whether it was good therapy, better meds or a kick in the backside. It matters only that you are now here and we are thrilled by your presence.


And so help me Hannah, if I hear one person complaining about the heat (23°C) - well just don't!


Have a great week everybody. Make it sing.

©2016 April Hoeller

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see your happy post today April. I didn't put the telly on at all today, so missed the news. You are right. It's best to count our blessings and be truly grateful. Those berries look delicious. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete